Thursday, May 24, 2012

Windshield time

On Tuesday we traveled down to Lincolnville to visit with my parents and pick up a lawnmower I got from my them.  It was a short visit but as usual my mother fed us well and served us steak from a Belted Galloway cow they raised on their farm.  It was delicious!!  We had fresh rhubarb pie for dessert.  Abby stopped by after work to join us.  My sister Terrie's Chocolate Lab was having puppies and we got to see them, she had 8 in all.
Moxie's pup
Next morning we had waffles and maple syrup they boiled off this spring ~ yum.  After loading the lawn mower, 500 or so earthworms my folks dug for me to resell, 2 quarts of maple syrup and the new boots I got for mothers day we got on the road.  We stopped by Scott's who also new babies, a litter of kittens that were just starting to run around.

We headed to Princeton Maine where Wade attended the IF&W Advisory Board meeting and then headed home arriving in Allagash at 8:30pm.  It was a long day.

This morning, Wade took a sport fishing in a couple remote ponds. They had decent fishing catching more than a dozen brook trout ranging form 8-15 inches.
Native brook trout

 I headed to Baker Lake with Arlo to pick up a truck.  The Cyr road had just been graded so we slowed down and held our breath crossing it.  After 5 hours  we arrived at Baker Lake and found that the truck had already had a flat on the way in and the driver had to put a very bald spare tire on leaving us with no spare. We carefully drove back until I had a flat on my truck on the 17 Road.  We got changed it and made it home after 10 hours of driving 236 dusty miles.

Arlo on the wrench

No comments:

Post a Comment