Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It takes a village ~ Part II

I don't mean to spend so much time writing about a few pigs, but so much of my time is spent discussing pigs.  Somehow our pigs have become some sort of Allagash town mascots.  Everywhere I go people want to talk pig.  People bring by their kids, relatives and even pet dogs to see them.  They bring food and treats for them and yesterday when I arrived home, Clayton had dropped off a new shelter that is more like a pig hotel.  Last year my pigs outgrew their house and they would stuff themselves half in half out to sleep.  I got quite a bit of feedback from folks until we built them a low cost addition.

When I went in for my morning coffee at the restaurant this morning Wayne was complaining because the big new shelter was blocking his view of the pigs.  He suggested I start a special "pig blog" so people could stay updated with pig news and pictures.  Darlene thought it would be nice to decorate the pig hotel and I knew immediately how it should read.  This is the phrase coined by my mother, I hope she likes it.  I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment